- 6 cups sliced apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a baking dish, coated with nonstick spray, and toss gently to coat.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir with a whisk to blend.
- Add cornstarch mixture to apple mixture and toss well to coat.
- Combine stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), remaining cinnamon, brown sugar, and oats in a separate bowl. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping golden brown.