- 1 teaspoon lemon juice plus 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup apple, minced
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons almond butter or other natural nut butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1/2 cup oats, finely ground
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 2 tablespoons carob powder and/or unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and in another bowl, combine banana with the other 1 teaspoon lemon juice and mix well.
- In a food processor or blender, combine dates, banana, and almond butter and puree until mixture starts to liquefy.
- In a mixing bowl, combine puree with remaining ingredients (except the optional carob powder/shredded coconut), mixing well.
- Take spoonfuls of mixture and form into golf-sized balls, rolling them gently between your palms. Roll each ball in carob powder or shredded coconut. Refrigerate them until chilled, or enjoy right away.