- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ¼ cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 egg
- Thoroughly mix flour, stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Cut canola oil into dry ingredients until a pea-sized, mealy texture is formed. Add buttermilk. Do not over mix.
- Place dough on floured breadboard with raisins. Knead 5 to 7 times to incorporate the raisins. Roll until dough is ½ inch thick.
- Cut into triangles 2 inches wide by 4 inches long.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with an egg white glaze (1 egg white mixed with 1 tbsp water) prior to baking.
- Bake at 375ºF for approximately 25 minutes.