- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 8” x 8” baking pan.
- In a bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Stir in sugar and salt, and mix well.
- In a food processor or with a hand blender, combine tofu, water, vanilla, and stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™), and puree until very smooth.
- Melt half the chocolate chips and add to tofu mixture. Puree until completely smooth. Stir this mixture into dry mixture. Fold in remaining chocolate chips. Add canola oil just as it comes together, mixing until just well combined. (Add more oil if necessary.)
- Pour batter into oiled baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.