- 1 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp honey
- ⅔ cup raisins
- Mix all dry ingredients (except the raisins) in a large bowl.
- Combine liquid ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients all at once. Add raisins. Stir until thoroughly moistened but lumpy.
- Fill muffin tins, lined with paper or foil cups, to about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with jam.