- 1 cup soymilk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™) -- blended with ⅓ cup water
- 6 slices whole wheat bread or French bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except the whole wheat bread.
- Dip each slice of bread into the soymilk mixture. Saturate each side, being careful not to let the bread sit in the liquid too long. (No more than one minute each side.)
- In a lightly oiled skillet, cook 3 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Serve with maple syrup.