- 7½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 3 cups stabilized ground flaxseed (Mega Omega® or Simply Omega-3™)
- 4 cups lemon juice and add buttermilk to make 4 cups liquid
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 12 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 cups applesauce
- 3 cups raisins
- Use medium size, Teflon pans, sprayed lightly with non-stick spray; don't use paper liners, dough sticks.
- Beat eggs and sugar before adding lemon juice and buttermilk to liquid ingredients; avoid over mixing.
- Stir or mix dry ingredients into liquid ingredients just enough to dampen dry ingredients, leaving batter slightly rough and lumpy.
- Mix additives like dry fruit into liquids, just before adding dry ingredients.